Monday, June 4, 2018

Princess 10k 2018 (Tuesdays on the Run Edition)

Saturday came by really quickly.  I didn't sleep well and I was exhausted from the day before.


In case you missed previous posts from the Princess Half Marathon Weekend:
We got ready and headed to the bus stop around 3:45 AM.  There was a huge line with no buses in sight.  Thankfully after about 5-10 minutes several buses came up and we boarded one.

Candace and I were in different corrals for this race, so when we got there we parted ways and waited for the race to start.  My quad that bothered me the day before didn't bother me, but the one that was fine was bothering me while we waited.

After waiting for what it felt like forever the corals started to move to the start.  It felt like it got chillier so while we walked I found a jacket that someone ditched and put it on.  I really liked it a lot and ended up keeping it through the race.

We were soon off.  The course has a boring 3 miles before it gets into Epcot.  The roads are narrow with way too many people.  The course was just so crowded that it was just so frustrating to run more then here and there.  But at that point it really didn't matter as I was trying to walk as much as I could.

We finally made it into the park.  There was such a beautiful sunrise.


I noticed a few ladies out that had made skirts from all of their Dopey shirts.  They were kinda cute.


We went around the world and into the Boardwalk.  I totally love running the Boardwalk as there are just so many people out cheering.  It really is just heart lifting.

Heading back into Epcot, there was a lot of construction going on.  It looked like it was part of the new Skylift that they are putting in.  I think it will be a fun way to get to one area to the other.  Hopefully some great views.

I didn't stop at any of the character stops, but some of them included: Mulan, Lilo, Pocahontas & her racoon friend.  Pinocchio, stilt people, Marie from Aristicats, and baseball Goofy.  I really wish that the line for baseball Goofy wasn't so long as I would have loved a picture with him.

I did stop and got a few pictures with the Flower and Garden Festival.


And Spaceship Earth.


Finished the race and got my medal, water, and food.  I also got some ice for my knee.  It really wasn't hurting, I just wanted to preempt anything.


Even though Candace started in the coral behind me, she still finished at the same time.  We chatted for a bit and then she went strait to meet her family for breakfast and another park.  I headed back to the hotel and hung out at the hotel.  I spent the rest of the day just relaxing and spending some time by the pool.

Continue reading on to the Half Marathon.


You can also catch up on my vlogs from the Princess Half Marathon Weekend.




2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful sunrise photo! And I love that you were able to find a jacket to keep you warm when you needed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I learned that from a friend. I never even thought of picking up something discarded - like a mylar blanket - for when it's cold and you still have tons of time before your coral is released.

    ReplyDelete