Friday, June 1, 2018

Cat Stories - Zero (Friday Five Edition)

Since it was requested to have just a post of cat pictures, I thought I'd start a series of not just cat pictures, but cat stories.  I have tons and they are all over the place.


Fist is the story of Zero.

When I was in college, I moved out of my parents house and in with my boyfriend and a friend.  I had always had dogs growing up and we all agreed that we missed having a fuzzy friend around.  We also agreed that none of us had a schedule where we could guarantee a dog would be walked throughout the day.  And even though I was a dog person, I agreed to get a cat.

My boyfriend and I went to the local pet store and found this little black kitten.  He was so cute that we got him without a second thought.  He was my baby instantly.  When I first had him, I'd hold him on my chest and he would curl up in my hair.  Since then when I would go to bed, he would curl up in my hair and sleep right behind me.


My boyfriend named him and when I heard it I thought he said Zorro, which I thought was perfect since he was a black cat.  A few weeks later he corrected me and said that it was a name of some sci-fi character.


I only had him for 2 1/2 years, so I don't have as many stories about him.  He did love the bathroom.  If I was in the shower, he was on the tub ledge watching the water.  He would sleep in the sink all the time.  He was the sweetest boy.



Do you have a pet that does something weird or different from most pets? 


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0




5 comments:

  1. My black cat sleeps in the sink as well! Super cute I love cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, maybe it's a black cat thing that they like the sink. I have several pictures of him in the sink, but since he is black, it just looks like a black sink. :)

      Delete
  2. Awww I have seen people who have cats that sleep in the sink but mine never did that! Christmas waits for me on the toilet while I get a shower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so funny!!! I have so many pictures of Zero in the bathroom. Not sure the fascination with that room, but he was a boy. :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, how funny that he slept in the sink. Is that a cat thing? As I am typing this comment I am outside and our stray neighborhood cat has come to visit.

    ReplyDelete