Sunday, February 25, 2018

Princess Weekly Wrap (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

Just a quick update of my week.


Monday we had off for President’s Day. I haven’t had that day off since I was in school. I ended up going to the movies to see Black Panther. It was good. Very beautiful and a couple cool fight scenes. 



Tuesday and Wednesday were very boring and nothing to report except i was getting ready for my trip. 

Thursday I flew down to Florida. For once I actually had a late morning flight instead of one of the first to leave the airport. 

Once in Florida I headed to the room. Candace had beat me there and checked in. She headed to the expo and then meet her family. Her husband drove the kids down last weekend since it was their spring break. 

There were some changes to the expo which were welcome. I felt less closterphobic with the official merchandise moving to its only building. I then headed to Disney Springs for dinner. 



Friday was the 5k. We basically walked the whole thing. 



We then cleaned up and headed to Animal Kingdom. We rode lots of rides and hung out with her family. 



Saturday was the 10k. We were in separate corrals and I didn’t want to hold her back as I knew she was going to meet up with her family. She started in the corral behind me and we still finished at the same time. She headed to breakfast and Epcot with her family and I had some much needed rest at the resort. 



Sunday was the half. I assumed that Candace would run ahead of me as she is a lot faster. But it turned out that she was having a lot of pain in her shin so she ended ended up walking a lot. I just stuck by her as it was more fun to have someone to be with then to do it alone. Though my legs were not prepared to walk that much and kept cramping. They needed to run more. I never thought that I would ever need to run more then walk. That’s just crazy. 



Candace has started her long car trip home and I’m headed to a celebration dinner with other Princesses that I haven’t seen yet on this trip. 

How was your week? Any other Princess runners out there?


Linking up with Holly and Tricia's Weekly Wrap Up.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on Princess! A lot of folks ran it and looks like it was a hot one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge medal for the 5k. Congrats on completing the challenge. Hard to believe that sometimes it may feel easier to run rather than walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on completing that challenge! What an accomplishment and seems like so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing three races! Sounds like a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Princess! I did the challenge. I felt much better Saturday for the 10k than I did Sunday for the half...maybe it was the heat? It was definitely a hot weekend. Congrats on all three races! Disney weekends are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading and seeing all the people's stories about Princess weekend races!! They look like so much fun!

    Cramping from walking sounds familiar to me... your body knows that you were wanting to run more.

    Congrats on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on completing all of the races. I know you enjoyed sharing them with a friend too. I wonder if the heat (or humidity) had anything to do with your cramping? Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I'm excited for you and congrats on a great weekend! The medals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete