Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Weekly Wrap (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

I keep thinking that each week will be a little less crazy then the one before and I am just wrong about it.  It's fine, I just don't seem to be getting things done like I need to, like getting blog posts written.  One day I'll get ahead of it and not behind. :)


I had 4 miles planned on Monday, but I swapped it out for my rest day on Wednesday because it was very cold out and raining all morning.  I don't mind running in the rain, but not when it's cold out as well.  It was fine as I felt bad all day long.  I had a sore throat and just felt like crap all day long.  I thought I was getting something that a co-worker brought into the office.  I took NyQuil and went to bed early.

Tuesday I woke up feeling much better, though not 100%.  I still didn't have a fever, so I headed off to the gym.  The week before we were told that the gym class that I have been going to for over 5 years was being cancelled at the end of February.  We had plans to have the manager of the gym come talk to us on Thursday.  Everyone was very upset by this news.

Wednesday I went out for a 4 mile run.  It was another run that was below 20 degrees.  I wore my new fleece face mask and it kept my face warm the whole time.  It was a bit warm towards the end, but I didn't mind.  I'd rather be too warm then too cold. The Super Blue Blood Moon was out for the start of my run.  I tried to get pictures of it, but there was a lot of clouds out.



I also saw a very beautiful sunrise through the last couple miles of my run.



We had a lunch planned for the team at work.  This was the first time we did anything social as a group since I started.  It was nice to get to know some of my co-workers some outside of work.

Thursday I headed to the gym, knowing that we were going to have to really make them understand how important the class was to everyone.  The class has been happening at this same gym for almost 18 years.  There are people in the class that have been taking it for over 10 years.  One person had been taking it for 15.  That tells you how much of a family this class is.  Half way through the class the gym manager as well as the class coordinator came up for a few minutes.  They insisted that this was not the right place to discuss the details, but our class would move down to the Strive area (where they have machine weights and aerobic equipment in a circle and you do them as stations, rotating aerobic and weights to get the high interval training in).  We were not happy about that idea so after class a few of us stopped by their office to discuss further.  Basically they consider this class to be a "personal training" class.  None of us were sure what was meant by that, but I have always seen it more like a boot camp type of class.  They said that because sometimes we use stations, where we don't do the same movements at the same time, it's not to their standards.  Basically we are not a per-choreographed class that they pay money for.  They are trying to offer different classes for us to try on Monday and Wednesday, but currently we have been banished to the Strive area.  They are fine for the room to be empty and no one use it on Tuesday and Thursday.

I did another 4 mile run on Friday morning.  I waited a little later to start my run to have the rain finish and I seemed to time it perfectly.  It actually was a bit warmer out and I didn't have to wear the layers I have been wearing.  It's gotten to the point that it feels odd not having several layers on for a run.

Friday night I went to see Finding Neverland.  I knew I had seen the movie before, but the movie was so unremarkable to me that I actually mixed it up with Hook in my head.  When the play started I realized that it wasn't Hook, but I do vaguely remember seeing the movie.   I have to say, the play was amazing.  Something I won't remember if I've seen before or not.  The music and choreograph were a lot of fun.  And there were some amazing voices.  I highly recommend that one.


Saturday was another cold morning.  I had 10 miles on the schedule and a lot to do that day so I couldn't wait till later in the morning when it warmed up a little to get it done.  At the start of the run it was only 14 degrees.  I knew that it would be above 20 the second half of the run, so I didn't wear my fleece face mask as I wanted some flexibility.  I wore just my buff which is just a thin cloth that I can put over my nose and mouth.  I haven't done 10 miles since my last half marathon in April, so it was interesting to see how I felt.  By the end of the run I didn't feel fatigued, but really I was just tired of being cold.  I ran for a little over 2 hours and it didn't get warmer then 26 degrees.  I actually saw someone out running that didn't even have a hat on.  That I didn't understand at all.  All I could think about on the way home was taking a hot shower.

That afternoon I was invited over to a neighbor's house for lunch.  I got cleaned up and stretched and rolled and headed over there.  They are an older Indian couple have lived there about 4 years longer then I have.  And in all of this time, we have never really done anything together.  She invited one of her friends and while her husband went to pray, us girls had a great lunch.  She cooked up all this delicious Indian food and I can't remember what anything was called, but it was all amazing.

I then went out to dinner with a friend of mine (glad I ran 10 miles with all this food).  He isn't sure if he is being laid off or not as there were two meetings, one for those being let go and one for those who weren't - and he was not invited to either.  And two days later no one can give him an answer.  But he was actually in a good mood so we had fun catching up.

Sunday was a very lazy day for me.  It worked out as it rained all day long.  I got a few things done around the house, but not as much as I wish I had.  But it was nice to relax.

How was your week?  Have you seen Finding Neverland (either the play or movie)? Did you see the Super Blue Blood Moon?



Linking up with Holly and Tricia's Weekly Wrap Up.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no so sorry about your gym class! What a bummer! The finding neverland play sounds like a good one! Great job with your workouts and miles this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some beautiful moon/sunrise photos on that run! Though that does suck about the gym class. It sounds weird that they'd rather the room be empty than allow you guys to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the best Super Moon moon picture I've seen so far! Finding Neverland seems familiar, but I can't say for sure if I've seen it. There have been so many renditions of that story. The gym sure is acting odd about your class. You'd think they would be happy that paying members were coming for any reason. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So odd about the gym class. I don't know but I think some people just like to boss other people around. I hope you have a great week! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete