Friday, December 8, 2017

Mixed Emotions (Friday Five Edition)

Today was my last day of my current job.  I will be starting my new job on Monday.  I decided to take a whole day off in between jobs.  I have been going through a whole lot of different emotions in the last few days.


1. Excited - I have been very excited about this new opportunity.  It's a smaller company and I'm doing exactly what I have been wanting to do for a few years now.  Really, if it's half as good as I am hoping, then it should be great. 


2. Nervous - Change is hard for me.  I like to know every little detail about everything.  I don't know a lot about this industry.  I don't know a lot of the details of what my teams will be doing.  I won't know anyone there.  I don't know the schedule that I will be on. 


3. Sad - I am leaving a lot of good people that I worked with.  I really enjoyed working with a lot of them.  I will miss working with them and seeing them every day.


4. Anxious - I haven't heard from my consulting company since last week.  I filled out my background paperwork and even though I know everything is good, but it still makes me worry. 


5.  Happy - I know that this is exactly the right move for me.  I've been listening to an inspirational podcast called "When to Jump".  It has different guests on talking about the steps they take to find their passion in their life.  While I don't know if this job is my life's passion, but it is something I will enjoy doing. 


Do you go through all these different emotions with new things in your life?   


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0



6 comments:

  1. Change can be hard but also exciting. Congrats on the new job and have fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! It's definitely a nerve wracking experience. I like the comfort of being familiar with everything and knowing what I'm doing too. But taking a chance is usually what leads to bigger and better things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new job! It's totally normal to have all these emotions going on - change evokes many things. Take it one day at a time and give yourself grace as you transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting stuff! Congrats on your new job. You'll do great and I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all is going well with your new job!! Merry Christmas and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the adorable card and gift cards!! I really appreciate you thinking of Brayden as well, that was so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete