Tuesday, November 1, 2016

MCM Highlights (Tuesdays on the Run Edition)

I came home with the crud that has been going around.  At least it waited till after the race.  Other then that I have some pain in my leg (which didn't start till after the race - again at least it waited till after) but that's it.  For now here are some of the highlights of the weekend. 


- The big new is that I set a PR.
- I had a great time catching up with my friend Candace.
- The White House was beautiful.  Being Halloween weekend they had some fun things related to that.

- The Gaylord National Harbor Hotel and Convention Center is huge.  We got lost a couple of times.
- The shake out run was more of a walk for us.  The brunch afterward was good, but there was no eggs, just bacon, which was really weird.  Bart Yasso is a very funny speaker.  I really enjoyed his talk during our brunch.
- The pasta dinner had some really good pasta.  And Billy Mills was very inspirational.  I thought about his talk at times when I struggled during the marathon.
- It was very moving being around all the marines (and all other branches).
- I had a lot of complements on my outfit.
- There were a lot of very sexy marines.
- The marathon was HOT.
- There were a lot of dreaded out and backs (which I hate).
- The marathon was HOT.
- I beat both the Gauntlet and Bridge with plenty of time.
- The marathon was HOT.
- Everything after the point of beating the bridge was boring with lack of crowd support and shade.
- The marathon was HOT.
- The medal is pretty sweet.
- Room service is amazing after a hot marathon.

I'll have detailed posts about all of this coming in the next couple of weeks.



11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your PR! It seems that everyone loves MCM and I'm starting to see why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on that PR! The weather was great for spectating but it had to have been tough for running :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last 8 miles were really hard. Thanks for coming out to spectate!

      Delete
  3. I don't like out and backs either. It makes me feel really slow compared to the runners I see on the back portion while I'm still going out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. And you can never see where the turn around is and makes it feel even longer then it was. And then the people say you are almost at the turn around when you really are not.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your PR! Congratulations on the Marathon, it sounds like it was an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So are you saying the marathon was hot?:) How can it be called brunch when there are no eggs involved? Congrats on setting a PR. Can't wait to read about your race in detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a wee bit hot. And that's what I thought about the eggs. Thanks!

      Delete