Friday, December 21, 2018

New Slidding Glass Door (Friday Five Edition)

I've been working about 60 hours a week for the past month, so I have had little time to do anything fun, including posting anything.  I'm hoping to get my PTO next week, so I can relax and catch up on all the fun stuff I've been missing out in.  I did have something fun happen last week, though.  I finally got my new sliding glass door!

Back in April, I mentioned that I was planning on getting a sliding glass door to replace my fake French doors that leads to my back deck.  Not only did I not like the doors, they were not put in very well and there was mold starting to form in my crawl space from the door leaking down.  So one way or the other, the door needed to be replaced.


In May, I did some research and got some quotes and finally ordered one in June.  They said that it would be 6-8 weeks for the door to come in and then installation would be set up.  Well 8 weeks had passed and I had not heard from the company.  I called them and they said that because I ordered the doors with screens inside the glass, it usually took 2-4 weeks later.

In September they finally called and said that my door was in and scheduled an appointment to install the door 3 weeks later.  I was so excited to see the door.  The weather was turning perfect to be able to open up the door and my windows and feel the wonderful fall weather through the house.  They came and started to get ready and about 20 minutes later they had told me that they were done.  Huh?  Well apparently the door was ordered a half an inch too small.  At least they measured before took my old door out and I had a huge hole in my house.

On Monday they finally came to install the right size door.  They were also able to fix the mold that had started in my crawl space and fix it so water would not leak down there.  I'm sad that I won't be able to take advantage of the screen door for another few months, but it's in!


They do need to come back and fix the screen inside the door that does not sit right.  But they work and I'm happy to have them.  I will need to paint the new molding that they put in, but that will have to wait till I know they are done with everything and I actually have some time to do something besides work and sleep.

A couple weeks ago was Hanukkah, so if you celebrate, I hope you had a good one.  Next week is Christmas, and if you celebrate, I hope you have a merry one.


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Enjoy your new sliding doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! We've been doing a lot of home improvement / new furniture, etc this year so I love to see what others have been doing to improve their homes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice enjoy your new doors! Happy Hanukkah to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an ordeal! I remember you talking about this back in the summer. Well you will have a nice view to watch the snowfall, if we get anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good What a rigamarow though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look nice! Glad to hear that production is done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new doors look great! That sucks that the process took so long but yay for them being in now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Shower Curtain vs Glass Door

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. How to Clean a Shower Curtain without Taking It Down

    ReplyDelete