Friday, April 13, 2018

Random Friday Five (Friday Five Edition)

I know Friday Five has changed their format for this month, but I still like the list of 5 things.  So I’m gonna stick with it. šŸ˜Š  There have been a ton of things going on, so this week will just be the randomness that is in my brain.


1.  I had a recap done of my Lucky Charm 10k race and it disappeared.  I had been working on it on and off one afternoon and it kept autosaving.  I also hit save several times.  I had issues with changing the page name and I went to close it.  It asked me if I was sure I wanted to leave the page.  I hit no and went to save again and again was still having issues.  So, I closed the window and it again asked me if I was sure I wanted to leave the page.  I hit yes and when I got back into Blogger the post was gone.  I Googled everything I could about losing a draft and nothing worked.  I feel so deflated and the thought of writing it over frustrates me to no end.  It will happen eventually.

2.  It’s been such a busy week that I feel like it’s been 2 weeks in just 4 days.  And the craziness is not ending any time soon.  I’m exhausted and I’m not sleeping well since I have so much on my mind.  I can’t wait to just sit on my couch and do nothing for a day.

3.  The Ukrop’s 10k is this weekend.  There really isn’t a big to-do about it this year with my friends.  We usually all go to the Expo on the same night and then go to dinner.  And then we all meet up before the race and then have brunch after.  It just isn’t going to be as much fun without the comradery.


4.  The Star Wars Half Marathon is next weekend.  I haven’t run more then 6 miles since Princess due to knee issues and just plain laziness.  I know I’ll have fun meeting up with my friends, but I am so dreading the actual running part.  Just need to make sure that I get some extra podcasts and/or audiobooks to help pass the mileage.


5.  I’ve been wanting to replace my fake French doors with a sliding glass door.  With my birthday coming up, my folks said that they would contribute to it.  All I know is that I want the in-glass shades as well as a pet-proof screen door.  Now I get to research all of the other millions of choices I have get to make.  Hopefully I’ll be able to make all those decisions and get it installed before the summer is over with.

This will happen if I don't have a pet-proof screen door.


Have you ever lost a draft?  Did you get it back?  Have you bought a new sliding glass door?  Recommendations?


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0

10 comments:

  1. We had to replace a few French Doors last year and we were amazed by how expensive they were! I would get at least 3 estimates. Weird how that post just disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doors and windows are crazy expensive. A company wanted $1800 for three storm windows when I got estimates for replacing a broken one. Hope you find an awesome door that doesn't cost a crazy amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You no mean and computer issues, I'm no help...haha.

    Good luck at Ukrops this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lost a blog draft before and it's so frustrating! It usually happens when the post is really good too :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We never bought a new sliding glass door but we bought a new storm door for the front of our house. Boy did it make the overall curb appeal of our home so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost a post draft once...I can't remember how long ago, but it was frustrating! I did rewrite it, and for the most part, the "new" version was better...but I know there were a few key sentences that are long gone...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to replace my french doors but they are so darn expensive . My cats do the same on my screen doors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh on losing the blog post. It's something I worry about whenever I hit save and the screen goes blank for a second. I've never even heard of in glass shades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer for losing that blog post. I am always saving it as well but technology sometimes can be so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel so bad for you for losing the race report draft. I know how much work they are to put together. Ugh! I ran the Lucky Charm 5k, and just finished Ukrop's. We should compare schedules! :)

    ReplyDelete