Friday, September 28, 2018

Tools for my Journal (Friday Five Edition)

There are several tools I use in my journal to personalize it and make it fun. 


As I stated in my post about my journal, I used a discbound notebook.  This allows me to add pages when needed, sort of like a three-ring binder.  But within this, there are several different types of paper you can use, ruled, grid, and dot are the ones most used.  I like to use the dot paper.  It gives me options I need to create my trackers as well as write with a rough strait line to follow.

I like to use colored pens when I create my pages and write my thoughts.  But I have found, not all pens work well for journaling.  I love the gel pens that I use when I color, but they do not dry quickly and smudge easily.  What I have found online is to create a pen test page.  I keep it at the back of my journal and test out new pens to make sure they do not smudge or bleed through the page.

I have a lot of stencils from when I did a lot of scrapbooking.  I have found them useful for when I create my mood tracker as well as when I want to make titles formal.

I had never heard of washi tape before I started journaling.  I use it to mark the beginnings of months at the top with the theme of the month and my race recaps on the side with the theme of the race.  I find it makes finding those pages a lot easier.  I really enjoy looking for washi tape that matches the themes. 

I have no artistic ability, so I rely on stickers to decorate my pages.  I also like to use punch-outs.  Like the stencils, I have a lot of cut outs from my scrapbooking time.  I usually use them that match the month – snowflakes or winter things for January, heart or Valentine’s for February, shamrocks or St. Patrick’s for March, etc.  For the punch-outs, I use double tape that rolls on easily.

While creating things in my journal, mistakes happen more then I like.  The OCD in me likes to have everything perfect, but I know that won't happen.  For the most part, I use stickers and punch-outs to   But when I do make mistakes that I need to fix, I use Wite-Out tape.  It's easy to use and covers very well.


I had found that my checklists rarely get done throughout the week.  So instead of copying them from week to week, I find these inserts much easier to keep track of my tasks.  With the discbound notebook it's easy to move it from week to week without re-writing everything.


To easily find the current week I use tab pages.  I have even found some that I can color when I find the urge.




Do you use anything to personalize your journal and make it fun?


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0

9 comments:

  1. I love how you use so many different things to stay organized. I'm a huge fan of color coding so I'm all about the different colored pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. You should see how many sets of pens I have. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of washi tape either. I am not artsy and journaling sounds like it would be a tedious task..haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days it is. There have been times where I have been so busy, I had not been able to fill in anything and having to catch up is not fun. But creating the pages in advanced is soothing to me, so all I have to fill out is how the day goes.

      Delete
  3. That's cool that you can add pages in! I am not that creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact I can add pages. And I'm not creative at all, what I have is stuff I copied off others from Googles.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I had no idea you could get so creative with a journal! What a great keepsake when you are done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as I had been writing these posts up, I browse through pages of the past. and have really liked it. I want to get a new cover to designate 2018 and start a new journal for 2019.

      Delete
  5. I'm slightly OBSESSED with colored pens. Like seriously. Those Stabilo ones are my jam

    ReplyDelete