Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekly Wrap (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

With the time change yesterday, I felt like the whole day got away from me.  It didn't help that while I knew the time changed, I didn't bother changing my clocks till the evening.


Last weekend I took off running so that I could rest my legs after Princess.  I ran a couple of times but just felt blah and my legs were heavy.  It was a good decision just to skip my long run on Saturday.  Monday rolled around and I had 4 miles on the schedule.  Well I didn't realize that I also had a conference to go to for work and I had to be there at 7.  That meant that I would have had to get up a couple hours early just to get my run in and that was not going to happen, especially on a Monday.  I deserved another rest day, didn't I? :)

Tuesday I want to the gym for my FT class.  We are still in that area out in the open and no one is using the classroom.  We still don't understand why we were kicked out.

Wednesday I got out for a run.  It felt good and I enjoyed being out there in the morning when it wasn't dark.  I knew this was the last week for that.  When I got back I realized that I had 4 miles planned and I only did 3.  Oh well.  I did get to see this very pretty sunrise.


Wednesday evening I went to PT and while nothing really was hurting for him to work on, my quads were still really tight from the Princess Half Marathon.  He worked my right glut, which really needed it and then my left hip area.  Right at the joint on the side.  And OMG, I haven't felt that kind of pain from the PT in quite awhile.  That one area radiated down to my quads, IT band, and glut.  I knew that the pain would make everything feel better once it was worked out.  It just needed to be worked out.

Thursday was another gym day.  Nothing too exciting there.  It was a good opportunity to work out my hip from PT the day before.

Friday I was feeling good, so I added a couple extra miles.  I was already up a little early and had 3 planned.  I got out and decided that I would start my 4 mile loop and see how I felt.  I could always cut that to 3 miles if needed.  My IT band bothered me a little from PT two days before but it wasn't a pain I felt like I needed to worry about.  I ended up doing an extra mile for a total of 5.  By the end my IT band was feeling better.  It really was a good run.

Saturday I planned on doing at least 9 miles.  After a good run the day before, I thought I would be motivated for another really good run.  Well I talked myself out of it.  And it really wasn't that hard.  It wasn't the weather or any pain I was having.  I was just tired and didn't feel like going out.  Maybe on Sunday.  I did get my benefits for my job done, as well as my taxes filed.  So I was productive somewhat.  A friend came over and we went to Fuddruckers.  They had closed the one near my house years ago and they opened one a little north of the city awhile ago.  We wanted to check it out and see if it was as good as we remembered.  He said the burger was good but the turnkey burger was not.  We probably won't be back any time soon.  We did end up watching Office Space after dinner.  We haven't seen that movie in ages and it still makes me laugh.


Sunday I thought I'd try to get my missed run in from Saturday.  Even if I didn't get the whole 9 miles done, I thought I would get some.  I got up and got dressed and went downstairs and just couldn't get further then that.  The thought of running was just something I didn't feel like going out to do.  I'm not sure if I'm getting back into my running rut or not.  I hope not as I had such a great couple months of getting back in the swings and really enjoying it again.

I thought maybe if I had a treadmill I might have run.  It just seemed to take so much energy to get outside.  I really don't have the room as is, and would have to move a lot of furniture around, including a huge desk in my office.  I did do some research and did find a couple that I liked, but I'm not sure if I really should spend the money on it.  Do I buy one used?  And is it really safe to have something like that upstairs?  I might be able to put it in the front room, but that's where all my knickknacks are.  Would they be safe or would they rattle with the running?  A lot to think about.

How much time do you take off after a race?  Have you seen Office Space?  Do you have a treadmill?  How did you change your living area for it?


I am linking up with Holly and Wendy for their Weekly Wrap!


6 comments:

  1. You know me, if I ran a half marathon i'd take more than one week off..haha!

    I took off last week and really had no excuse except I was tired. Good job getting in that unexpected 5 miles! It's nice to have a run when nothing hurts and it feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it makes sense to take time off after running all three Princess races! And it does sound like you had a pretty productive week. I haven't even touched my taxes yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Fudruckers in years. I used to love it, tho.

    I loathe the treadmill. That is enough motivation to get me out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watch office space in years!! But I do want to take a bat to my printer every now and then.

    Rest is good!! and if your body wants rest, give it rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do own a treadmill but it's not used often, although it does come in handy sometimes... When it was at my parent's house, it was also upstairs and didn't bother anything when I used it there. I'm glad you were able to get some rest after Princess! You definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you deserve extra time off after a challenge event like Princess! Don't be too hard on yourself. I confess, I still haven't changed one of my clocks. LOL. I had a treadmill but didn't have a good spot for it. It was loud (our house is extra echo-y) so I hated to use it when anyone was home. I also got tired of dusting it and gave it away. I don't think anything would rattle around, though. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete