Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Very Uneventful Week (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

So I really don't have a weekly wrap-up.  So here are a few things that happened this week.



I actually got a couple of runs in this week.  I stayed after my class at the gym and did 3 miles on the indoor track on Tuesday.  And then 4 miles outside on Wednesday.  The run on Wednesday really wasn't too bad.  Didn't start really hating it till the 3rd mile.  That's progress.  I didn't have time to run on Friday and then it snowed this weekend, so no other runs.  I might try to get to the gym tomorrow to run, but we will see if I make it out on the snowy roads.

I've been touring day centers for my dad.  I'm very grateful for my friend who happens to be an elder advocate going to these places with me.  She knew the questions to ask that I would not have thought of.  We have one more to look at Tuesday and then I'll start talking to my mom about this whole thing. 

It snowed on Saturday.  We don't get a lot of snow here in Virginia, so when we get more then a few inches everything shuts down for a week.  I think we officially got like 8-9 inches.  I finally got my driveway shoveled today.  It was very light snow so it was not too bad.  But I have to say my forearms hurt.  Guess I don't use those muscles very often.



I finished cleaning out my office.  It was that room where I threw stuff and closed the door and forgot about it.  A couple trips to the Goodwill, trash and recycling that went out Friday, and it's clean.  I don't think it's organized how I really want it too, but I'm excited to have it clean.  I'll have to see how I use the room to organize it better.  Next is my bedroom.  It's not very dirty, but it can use some organizing since I'm on that kick.  And you can never clean out the closet enough.

I heard about the WDW Half being cancelled on Saturday.  I am really glad that I did Dopey last year.  I would have really cried if I was supposed to run it and they cancelled it.  But it sounds like people took it well and that's good.  Glad everyone was safe.

I'm off to Disneyland this week for the Star Wars Rebel Challenge.  I'll be meeting up with my friend Kelly and she has a fun weekend planed for us.  I swear I'll have more interesting posts after I'm back from the weekend.

Are you back on track after the holidays with your runs and workouts?  Did you get snow?  Did you run any races this past weekend at WDW?  


Linking up with Holly and Tricia's Weekly Wrap Up.

12 comments:

  1. It snowed here in Va Beach as well and I have been in the house for two days. Good thing I didn't need to go anywhere. Sounds like you at least have been productive cleaning closets out. I also did a little cleaning since I was stuck in the house. Have a fantastic wk in Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed my last long run cause of the snow. It will be a hard half. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I want to see pics of the office when it's done. Or better yet, you should have done a before and after! -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty much on track...but I'm calling it an "off-season" for the time being (at least for January). I'm in Iowa, and we don't have any snow at the moment...but we have sub-freezing temps (brrrr)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we haven't seen temps above freezing in many days. And it will warm up just as I leave. Isn't that always the case? :)

      Delete
  4. That's a lot of snow! We were in S.C. this weekend, and they got an inch or two but it melted yesterday afternoon. Driving home we saw more snow in NC than in Northern Va. Hopefully Disney got its bad weather out the way this weekend so it will be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the news was talking about all that horrible stuff on the West Coast as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I'm in Charleston, SC and we had a few flurries. No accumulation or anything, but flurries are a BIG deal here. I'm surprised the bridges didn't all shut down. Sometimes I miss real snow (I'm from Pennsylvania). It's crazy that the WDW half was canceled. I ran it last year and would have been so upset!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting back to a normal routine, but it's difficult when I'm with family more than usual. We go out for breakfast and dinner more than usual, and I ended up making comfort food last night. At least I think I'm back on my workout schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of snow! We only got a couple inches. It's amazing how sore shoveling snow can make yeu. Have fun at Disney Land!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to say the same thing I told Karen... please don't send the snow this way! I'm not ready for snow!

    Have fun at Disney!!

    ReplyDelete