Thursday, September 29, 2016

Five Random Things (Friday Five Edition)

So I don't have a real good topic for Friday Five so I thought I would just spew some randomness your way.



1. I just re-watched The 4400.  I watched it when it came out the first time around and it's been long enough that most of it was like watching it new again.  For those that have not heard of the show (which I think is most everyone), it's about 4400 people who disappeared over the last 50 years and all come back together through a ball of light.  I don't want to spoil things for anyone but most of these people come back with a power of sorts.  Through the show they are able to share their powers.  So my question that I have been thinking about is would you want a power?  Some of them are cool like healing or seeing the future or reading people's mind.  But others kinda suck like giving people disease or passing on debilitating anxiety.  So would you want one knowing you couldn't choose?  On top of that, people had a 50/50 shot of dying instead of getting a power.  Would you take a gamble?  Honestly, I'd be very tempted.  I'm not much of a gambler, but when I do, I usually go all in.


2.  I'm so sick of being chafed after a long run.  Because my sports bras that I have loved are coming to their end of life and if you have been reading my blog, you know my most adored shorts are coming apart at the seams, I've been having to try new items.  I have yet to find a sports bra that will get me over 10 miles before it chafes me.  And I'm tired of spending $60+ on bras that just don't work well.  And I think I've tried them all.  I do have to say that I love Brooks policy that you can try them out and sweat in them and still return, and while I love some of their bras, most are not good for me after 10 miles.  And I lather myself in Glide before every run and still have cuts on me.  Oh and why does any manufacture have to put tags in active wear?  Even if you cut them off, there is that edge of it that digs.

3.  I'm still getting used to the latest update to the iPhone.  Normally you swipe to unlock and now that just brings you to a new screen with news and calendar stuff.  I have to remember to just push the home button.  The texting has a new option to write things with your finger.  It's weird, too.  Oh and the new icons that you can send with a text.  It's sort of like adding a GIF on Twitter.  The Apple Watch got a big update too.  I do like the new face with my activity tracker.  It makes the steps and standing seen, which makes you want to move more.  But my new favorite thing is the Breathe option.  So far it has asked me twice to breathe.  What you do is for one minute you block everything out and concentrate on the watch and your breathing.  I plan on doing it when it asks unless I'm in a meeting or driving or something.


4. I'm thinking of making a shirt to wear at MCM.  I'm still tossing ideas around on what I want it to look like and say.  I want to go for some meaning that the Marines would know or something that expresses my gratitude for their service.

5. It turns out that one of my cats is afraid of thunder.  I've never seen a cat afraid of thunder before.  When I got home last night we had one strike that was close so the thunder made me jump.  It scared Aiden half to death.  The rest of the night while the storm when on he would be laying as flat as he could next to me in the kitchen and then ended up hiding in the bathroom.  No matter what I did, I couldn't seem to calm him, so I just left him in the bathroom to sooth himself.

Oh one more thing.  I just watched the second episode of Designated Survivor and I am totally in love with this show so far.  I hope it keeps up.

Are your pets afraid of thunder?  Do you like the new upgrade to the iPhone?  Would you want a super power?

Linking up with Courtney, Mar & Cynthia 

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen the 4400 movie. That is a pretty cool watch. I just bought the Garmin 235 and it has the smart notifications as well. I am Still learning how the thing works. Have a fantastic wkend. Hope you ladies get into something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of 4400! I'll have to look it up!

    I am scared of the new iphone updates, so I refuse to update.

    Oh!! what ideas do you have in mind for you race shirt?

    Sorry about your sport bras! that sucks! have you tried the Walmart Sport bras? I just got one from there not that long ago and it's pretty good, it surprised me!

    ReplyDelete