Sunday, September 3, 2017

Weekly Update (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

The last couple of weeks have been busy but boring.  Here are the highlights.


I know it's been a couple of weeks since the Solar Eclipse, but I haven't posted about it.  I ordered glasses the Wednesday before and they were supposed to be in my mail by Saturday.  Well Saturday they didn't come.  I stalked the tracking information and it said it would be in my mail on Monday.  At first I was just going to go home at lunch and work from home while I watched it.  But I changed my mind and ran home and went back to work.  I'm glad I went back as a few of us went out and I passed my glasses around.  There were about 50 people out just in front of our building experiencing the beauty of the eclipse.  We had about an 86% eclipse and at the height it looked like a crescent moon.  It was amazing to see such a rare thing.  It has me thinking of traveling to see the full eclipse when it comes back to the US in 7 years.



I've biked a couple times a week for the past month.  It's good to get out there on the bike.  Most have been early morning sunrise rides.


I had an annual check-up for me, my car, and one of my cats.  Of course all separately.  The car passed it's inspection as did I.  Aiden did well for his but he was so scarred that he peed on me while I was trying to comfort him.  Then he hid under the chair and pooped.  The poor thing.  I got home and he still loved me, so all was good.


I was supposed to take a couple days off this week to take a class to get a certificate for work.  They canceled it the afternoon before and now I have to find another to take.  It was disappointing as I was looking forward to the class.

My mom started back teaching school for the fall.  We now have a nurse come by and stay with my dad while she is working.  Thursday I got a call saying my dad snuck away from her.  They did find him as I was on my way to their house.  I decided to stay with them till my mom was done with her class and came home.  My dad did seem agitated, but calmed down a little while I was there.  Apparently he keeps looking for my mom and will take the dog out for a walk looking for her.  Though he has letting the dog off the leash, so a neighbor will be taking her while my mom is not home.  But even without the dog he will go out for a walk looking for my mom.  So the nurse and I took turns going for a short walk with him till my mom got home.  My mom now has gotten bells for the door and is ordering a GPS finder to stick in his wallet.

My work has classes we can take at the gym.  I took a TRX one on Friday and thought it was good.  I didn't think I worked out too hard, but two days later my abs are still hurting every time I move or breath hard.  I will defiantly take the class again.

I finished up another month with a buns challenge.  I haven't thought about September yet, so I may not do this month's challenge.  I really liked this challenge and will probably add in a few things to my daily stretching.


I've caught up on the latest season of Game of Thrones.  I was disappointed that it was only 7 episodes instead of 10, but still another really good season.

Does your animal get scarred at the vet?  Have you taken a class that you could feel two days later and looked forward to taking it again? 


Linking up with Holly and Tricia's Weekly Wrap Up.

6 comments:

  1. You've had a very busy past couple of weeks!

    I think it's great that you had an annual check up for yourself, your cats and your car - definitely a good thing!

    I've taken a few hard classes that I hate when I'm doing them, but then I always go back for more, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my students had a pair of special glasses and I'm so glad she let me take a peek through them! I didn't understand all of the hubbub around the eclipse at first, but it was a neat thing to be alive for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy couple weeks! Our poor cats get traumatized by vet visits too :(. Glad your was ok once he got home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy week you have had! I think I'll follow suit and take up that butt challenge! That looks tough but so worth doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my gym had a TRX class. I'm definitely interested in at least trying one out to see what it's like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our dog doesn't care much about going to the vet but my kids sure get upset when it's time for shots at the doctor's office! Not quite THAT upset, but they sure have a special sense to smell a shot that's coming... not fun!

    The situation with your dad has to be really tough. I'm a new reader to your blog and don't have the complete backstory, but I remember going through similar circumstances of both my grandma and my grandpa wandering off on their own while suffering from Alzheimer's. A GPS device in their wallet or purse would have been so helpful.

    ReplyDelete