Friday, September 15, 2017

Five Reasons I'm Trying to Love the Fall (Friday Five Edition)

I am one of those that does not like to see the summer over with.  There are many reasons I don't like the fall.  I don't like the cold, I don't like the shorter days, and I think I have repressed memories of going back to school.  I don't have kids to be excited that they are going back to school.  I don't drink coffee to be excited about all the fall flavors.  I hate wearing layers of clothes, I just want to put on shorts, shirt and sandals an head out.  I won't get a chance to bike ride as often or any during the colder months.  Instead of being sad about it, I thought I would come up with five reasons to love the fall.  I hope this helps others that are already missing the summer days.


Cooler Running - There is about 2-4 weeks of perfect running weather each spring and fall.  I still don't have to think about what I need to wear for the temperature and I'm not a sweaty mess the second I step out the door.  If I could have every run in the mid-50's I'd run all the time.  There are also the prospects of a lot of fun fall races.  This weather has even motivated me to get out and run after 3 months of not running.


Open Windows - I love to have my windows open.  If I could have them open all day every day I would.  But like running, there are only a few weeks each spring and fall that I can do that.  My kitties love it even better.


Fall Foliage - If you have seen my Instagram, you will know I love beautiful nature pictures.  The colors of the trees in the fall just fascinate me.  Sometimes I take a day trip up to Charlottesville to see all the colors in the mountains.  And something I have been doing since I was a child was stepping on leaves.  I still love to hear that crunch.


Chili - I don't do a lot of cooking, but the one thing I make and make well is chili.  I do a few different types of chili, but I love making my White Chili.  Instead of ground beef, I will cook up some chicken and cut it up to little pieces and then add the beans, spices, and tomatoes.  I will also add corn and rice.  I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.


TV - While TV has evolved over the years, I still have excitement over the new shows and episodes that will come across the tubes.  I don't have cable anymore and I don't watch a lot of TV weekly, but I still look forward to hearing about the new shows and putting them in my Netflix or Hulu queues.  And with the weather colder and the nights darker, there is nothing better then snuggling under a blanket on the couch.

And each day that we get through fall brings us closer to the Holidays!!

Why do you like the fall?  What else can I be excited for?


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0



7 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. Bring on the cooler temps, the foliage and the new TV shows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I hate to see summer end....but I do enjoy fall for many reasons. The beautiful leaves, the crispness in the air, and lots of races to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya. I hate seeing summer end. I do not like the colder temps, but it is better for running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Fall except for the fact that it means Winter is coming soon. I'm on board with the rest of it so trying to enjoy it until Winter comes along :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those people that lives for the warm weather of summer. I go back to work mid Aug (teacher!), and I hate that it feels like my summer is over only halfway through August, you know what I mean? I know some districts wait until after Labor Day to start but not us. So I know it's only Sept. 15th, but since I've been back at work for a month now, I am feeling like BRING ON FALL. I do like the foliage and the fall cooking for sure. We used to do open windows but our cat pees in the house as it is and when he gets a whiff of fresh air he pees even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before reading this, I'd already put ingredients for chili on my grocery list. I love being able to expand my cooking once fall settles in. I love it when something is simmering on the stove, or cooking in the oven because it makes the house smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fall too! I love being outside with just a sweater or thin jacket.

    ReplyDelete