Sunday, June 11, 2017

Weekly Update (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

I haven't been doing a lot of running lately, but I have been getting out there.


Wednesday was National Running Day and I didn't run.  I didn't sleep at all the night before so when my alarm went off I had to just turn it off to get an extra hour of sleep.  I was so tired all day long that I knew that it was the right decision.  I did get a run in on Monday so at least I got one run in this week.

Monday after work I went to get my bike fitted.  This entailed some measurements and then different tests on a spin type bike.  Things to make sure my knees were aligned properly and that I was comfortable.  Then he took those measurements and applied them to my new bike.  Then a few more minor adjustments my bike was ready to take home.

Friday night a friend of mine and I went to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.  They are open late on Fridays as they have half priced wine.  There were tons of people there out enjoying the beautiful weather and some good wine.  We took advantage of the late closing and went to see Yves Saint Laurent: The Perfection of Style exhibit.  I've never been into fashion, so I have never heard of him.  But after seeing some of his iconic work, I knew a couple of his outfits.  It really was a fun exhibit and a great night.
 
The next morning I went on my first ride on my new bike.  There were 4 of us that broke off into a group.  We headed up and did about 20 miles up and stopped at Starbucks for a short break and then did 15 miles back.  I have to say that I LOVE my new bike.  Like love, love.  It's such a smooth ride and very little pain in my behind.  I can't wait to go for my next ride.


My dad had his first and probably last day at the day center.  Apparently he got mad because they wanted him to join in and then he got physical.  I talked to my mom and she decided that she will push to get some anti-anxiety drugs for him and find home care for when she is working.  She even said that she knows that my dad is basically gone.  There are little lights of him here and there, but the disease has basically taken over.  I really thought the day center would be such a great thing for both of them and it's sad that it won't work out.

A lot of shows that ended in May are now starting to hit the streaming world.  For those shows that I didn't keep up with during the season are mine to binge this summer.  That and Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks and all TV goodness this summer, I have a feeling I'll be wasting a lot of time in front of the boob tube.

I'm still keeping up with my daily challenge.  Now that we are getting close to the half way mark, I'm having to make sure that I have more time to do the exercises.  We are up to 45 squats and 45 leg lifts.  We go all the way up to 100 of each so that will take some extra time in the morning.

Are there any shows you are looking forward to?  Did you do anything fun this weekend?


Linking up with Holly and Tricia's Weekly Wrap Up.


6 comments:

  1. The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts sounds incredible. I love visiting cool exhibits ever now and then.

    That's great that you love your bike - I'm sure that makes riding even more fun!

    Thanks for linking up for the Weekly Wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your dad.

    The museum sounds like fun.

    Thanks for linking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That museum exhibit looks fantastic! I'd love to see those gowns. Having your bike truly fitted makes all the difference doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fashion exhibit looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer is kind of void with shows to watch, so I'm using Netflix and Amazon to get shows I want to collect, or watch new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about your Dad. That sounds challenging... is it possible for your family to get a home health aide? I don't know if that is a possibility, but it's something I've seen people do.

    That dress is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete