Friday, May 25, 2018

Cat Stories - Puss (Friday Five Edition)

Since it was requested to have just a post of cat pictures, I thought I'd start a series of not just cat pictures, but cat stories.  I have tons and they are all over the place.

First is the story of Puss.


Growing up we have always had dogs in the house.  I hated cats.  Well really I didn't know or understand them.  The summer before I went to college my brother brings home this kitten that his friend had given him.  Not really asking our parents, we had this kitten that I didn't want.  She had to stay in my brother's room because we had a big Samoyed at that time.


Since I was getting ready to go to college and had the bigger room, my parents were making me swap rooms with my brother.  My brother being the normal gross teenage boy, the room needed a scrub and new paint.  I was in there getting things ready to paint and this kitten played with a piece of plastic for an hour.  It was really so cute that it just totally changed my mind about cats.


My parent's lack of imagination gave the kitten the name of Puss.  She was with my parents for 20 years before she passed away.  She was my introduction to cats and I couldn't have had a better cat to do so.

(I looked and since this was before digital photos I couldn’t find any other photos of her).

Are you a dog or cat person (or both)?  Do you have any memories of a pet?


I'm linking up with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy for Friday Five 2.0

11 comments:

  1. I am both. I grew up with both and now I have dogs and three cats of my own. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we never grew up with a cat or dog so sadly I don't have one now either

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Puss sounds so special! I love cats and dogs, but we just happen to have cats. Growing up we had a rabbit, snake, and several mice over the years... We would make mice mazes with our blocks. I wonder if the mice liked it? I hope so! Otherwise that was probably torture! They had a little hamster wheel they ran on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They probably didn't even realize they were in a maze. Just wandering around with limited directions to go in.

      Delete
  4. I have always been a dog person. But I tease and say I will probably be an old cat lady. Because they are easier to maintain. They are pretty self sufficient which is a good thing for all the traveling I'll be doing in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I say about them. I'm still not grown up enough to have a dog. lol

      Delete
  5. I am a cat person and I have so many stories of the wonderful cats that I've had in my life over the years. I currently have 2 cats named Rosie and Rocket that are just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun. My parents had a dog named Rosie. It's a great name.

      Delete
  6. Cat person here! My first cat was in the 90s and she passed away a few years ago. Now I have Lola and she has been with me for almost 3 years. Cats are funny! I love watching videos of them on the computer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I love watching them too. Ever seen the cat on the iRumba vacuum? So funny!

      Delete