Sunday, June 24, 2018

Weekly Update (Weekly Wrap-up Edition)

It's been a long week.  Very long.


I haven't run in a few weeks as I'm rehabbing my knee.  It's been bothering me since early this year and I kept running on it due to races.  Now that I do not have any races on the calendar, I am taking this time to rest and make it fully better.  So that means I've been trying to swim and bike more.

I was up too late on Sunday night to get up successfully on Monday morning to do anything before work.  In fact I was lucky to get to work on time.  That evening I had my first photography class.  It's a two month class that will take us to the river most weeks to take pictures.  I'm very excited about it.


Tuesday I want to the gym for my class.  By lunch time I headed home to work from home and that probably was a good thing.  I opened up my garage and water was all over the ground.  My water heater decided it was done and started leaking everywhere.  I called a plumber and had it replaced.  If I had gotten home at the regular time I would have had to deal with that after hours. 

Wednesday I made it to the gym again to swim.  I've been enjoying it but not much more then half an hour at a time.  I went to sit in the hot tub after but the jets were barely working.  It was kinda like sitting in a warm bath.  Later that morning the tree guys called saying they had time to get my trees cut down.


Thursday was a gym class day and the rest of the day really wasn't that exciting.  Work kinda sucked but that's how it goes some days.

Friday I got up and almost talked myself out of going for a swim 3 times.  I'm glad I eventually got there as it does make me feel better.  The jets were fixed in the hot tub and it was so nice to relax after the workout.

Saturday I decided to take my bike out.  I haven't ridden since last fall and I didn't know how my knee would feel.  I only rode 3 miles as my knee didn't hurt but it was talking to me.  I didn't want to push it so I kept it short.  The good thing was it didn't hurt the rest of the day.  That evening a friend and I went to dinner to celebrate my birthday that was last month.  We finally had a chance to get together.

Here's to a less crazy week.



I am linking up with Holly and Wendy for their Weekly Wrap!


5 comments:

  1. "Talking to me" I say the same re: my knee and while hurt last summer, my hip. Yay communication and all that, but sometimes I feel like they need a mute.
    Love how your house looks without the shrubbery

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a busy week! I hope this week is a bit calmer and the knee doesn't talk to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my gym had a hot tube (regardless if the jets worked or not...hehe). That sounds relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had weeks like this... especially starting off with going to bed too late to even really get to work on time on Monday morning let alone do any sort of workout beforehand (LAST week I had internal audit waiting for me on the same type of Monday morning...not the way you want to start the work week...)

    hopefully less crazy for you this week - I'm just joining your blog from the link up; what did you do to your knee? can you tape it? biking is generally ok with knee problems (but not always).

    ReplyDelete